Thursday, May 1, 2008

How We Met

Rick designed a web group for our up coming 20th High School Reunion. He invited a few of us from classmates.com to join his free group, so that we can get to know each other again and discuss our up coming reunion.
Rick was in Iraq at the time, but he would keep us updated on his status and his safety. Unfortunately, the USMC had other plans for Rick and his tour was extended a few more months which made him miss the reunion. We sent him pictures of the reunion so he would feel like he was there.
About 10 months later, I saw Rick online and I said hello he had finally made it home from Iraq. We made plans to go out the following weekend with a few of our fellow classmates and have our own mini reunion for Rick. As we hung out and got to know each other, over the next couple of months. Rick was given orders again to go back to Iraq for another 1 year tour that fall.
I realized that I had fell in love with him and I told him that I would wait for him to return he was happy and told me that he loved me as well. Over the course of the following year, we got to know each other the old fashion way via emails and long web chats each day. We both realized that we were made for each other and that God does anwser prayers!

No comments: